Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Layout Jar

I saw this idea on a friend's blog (waving HELLO to Mary) and I thought it was a GREAT idea!

I'm not one to count layouts as I do them, and at the end of 2007 when everyone was saying how many layouts they had done ~ I had NO idea how many I had completed that year.

So, when I saw this I fell in love with the idea of a Layout Jar!

For EACH layout / project that I complete, I add one button to this jar. Then, at the end of the year I can count them or just look at the FULL jar and know that I did my part to use up that stash in my scraproom.

If nothing else, it is showing Chris that I'm using up some stuff... even though he can't tell anything is missing. He claims it is like taking one small spec of sand away from the beach after each trip and thinking you could notice a spot that is empty.

My original plan was to use pretty buttons so it would be pretty to look at all year, then realized that I didn't want to use up my pretty buttons in this jar - I want them for the layouts! So I am using the little buttons that I would never use on a layout.

I've been doing this since January 1st 2008 and this photo was taken the second week or so of January so it is getting more and more buttons!

Do you have a button jar? How do you keep count of your layouts? Do you finish enough in a year to justify a jar? I'm curious and would LOVE to hear your comments on how you keep up with your totals!

Ok, back to scrappin... I'm determined to fill up that jar!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: