Friday, January 9, 2009

Feelin' FINE in '09~

New year.

New seasons of life for all of us.

My first New Year's Eve that passed without being able to call Mom at the moment the ball drops to scream HAPPY NEW YEAR'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a thing of ours.

That New Year's Eve phone call.

It happened each and every year since I married and left home.

Every year.... until this year.

It was painful to watch that ball drop and knowing that I could not call and shout it in her ear and hear her laughing at our silly tradition.

Just another reminder that this is the Start of a new season for me.

A season without all the little things that Mom and I shared.

It also showed me that this is a new season for me and my daughter. A year to start our own traditions and little things that we do without thinking on a yearly basis.

I was thinking about that very thing when my own phone rang at a few minutes after midnight.

I answered the phone and it was Jordan, my wonderful daughter, screaming HAPPY NEW YEAR'S MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suddenly realized that moments like that will live within my heart forever and I'll cherish them each and every year that she calls me.

Sometimes it really feels good to think that maybe.... JUST maybe..... you have done something right in raising your kids.

So... to my wonderful Mom shining down upon me now.... Happy New Year's Eve and may our little tradition live on through Jordan now.

1 comment:

kmmiller said...

those kinds of memories will be the ones you cherish the most.

Hope you are doing good.